Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And 'velocity' Refers To Changing Relationships (of Location)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on March 13, 2002 04:54:22 UTC

Hi Kathy,

While these other dudes are still thinking about your question, here are a couple of pet theories
you played right into. Actualy, I don't know how many theories are here. If you can tear them apart, you will be one of the first ever to criticize my science ideas point by point.

Kathy wrote:
"If the Big Bang theory contributes, would it be ok to ask if all the energy of the universe is derived from velocity?"

Kathy.
So here is a response for You.
May it allow you to rule the universe with all wise creatures of love. (What is Life without a few wild fantasies?)

Yes, your idea has a lot of merit in my view.

1) Velocity is change in relative location... either toward entropy or negentropy ( need a better word for the latter). Statistically and on balance, it's always toward entropy in today's universe. Energy is the dissolving of potential energy relationships -- subatomic to extragalactic -- which by their location relationships, had attraction and repulsion relationships to tap by aligning our harnesses in the direction of their dissolving, and sometimes to give them a little shove in that direction, like shaking the tree so apples fall of into our blanket.

Big Bang, as now occurring, is the first event in a series of entropy cascades. Even if Big Bang did not happen as it has been theorized, the entropy cascades do appear to be occurring.
2) Entropy cascades are the long process of
draining all potential energy from the universe by randomizing the distribution patterns of all matter (gravitationally trapped energy particles).
Entropy is merely the direction of momentum.
Motion is simply the change of relative location,
whether of subatomic or galactic lumps.

Some physicists present will ignore or mock these ideas, but they're easily as silly as other theories.

Motion occurs at every level
from sub-atomic to extra-galactic. As I said, motion is
the change of relative location.
Most motion (at the level of space dust and above in size ) goes outward from the Big Bang's
locus...but there are exceptions.
Some things do not make a steady retreat from the direction of the Big Bang.

Among these are sub-atomic motions and
motions of larger objects bound by gravity to a planetoid or star system. You and I may wander about on the surface of our sphere, the Earth.
Sometimes we walk toward the Big Bang's locus, and sometimes we are walking away from it.

********** You were discussing the energy ********
********** being derived from velocity. **********

Energy is 'entropy increase' on a cosmological scale, though it can be harnessed to create islands of less entropic environments for a time...at rather a higher cost of energy. Life as we know it generally increases entropy's net presence in the universe, but reduces it locally.

Plants are less entropic than animals, but then they enable animals to increase entropy. Intelligence is even more able to increase entropy.
So on a big scale, in the presently entropic universe we're in, Life appears in some places, and in our diagram of entropy, we could say that Life "places ripples of varying directionality on the entropy cascades" . . . and intelligence devises even more sustainable islands of entropy reversal at even higher costs of energy than mere animal life
(... butintelligence speeds up entropy on the crust of the planet...mining and releasing the energy stored in buried coal, for example, allows the potential energy to radiate into random distribution -- an increase in entropy -- in empty space faster than organic life forms without intelligence would have done...

Thank you for asking.

Sincerely,

Michael W. Pearson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins