Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: We Can Go Beyond The Light Speed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ryan on January 13, 1998 17:12:46 UTC

Look, I hope somebody gets this. I really want/need to know about speed of light travel. The recent movie "Contact," inspired some new ideas that I think should at least be considered. I mean, maybe we're looking at this all wrong. Isn't it possible to harness what we've been given i.e. natural resources. We're thinking too hypothetical. I think the answer may be within our own physical universe, not our theories. For instance, what of black holes? I'm talking about tangible evidence. Excuse me for being so naive, but I think instaed of saying, "What if," we should start trying these methods. Apply them. There has to be a way. I firmly believe that if the WORLD (because it would need to be a global effort) needs to focus their attention on this issue. Society, since the beginning of man, has wanted to know what's out there. If we just harness a working solution, think of the possibilities. This world isn't going to be here forever. Time for us to stop focusing on us as the center of the galaxy, and realize we're probably not alone. After all, the universe all started with the same event, the same materials, same elements. So, if we're a carbon based lifeform, then I think it's fair to say that SOMEWHERE, there are other carbon based lifeforms. Think of the universe as a big pot of (humor me), goo. The goo all came from the BIG BANG. SO, everything is made up of goo. However, it's evolution that determines what that goo will be. We evolved into humans. Whatever else is out there, whatever they are, don't forget that they came from the same goo as we did.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins