Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Not Making Any Sense?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bruce on February 24, 2002 21:26:37 UTC

"All that I have added is to identify the local coordinate with space." Thats the part I said is a 'goofy' analogy which isn't be supported by any real analysis. r = 2M is fixed with respect to r = 0 for both the far away and local free fall observer. The local free fall observer is what falls into the hole, not space. And you don't need your analogy to make sense of the physics.

"You are not making any sense. First you say its a mental conmstruct and then you say it requires energy. I think you are perhaps not paying enough attention to what you post."

Get a clue. The spherical shell is a mental construct because we can theoretically construct the shell (use this concept as a tool when analysing the spacetime) without actually going to the black hole and building it. The spherical shell at r = 2M is theoretically impossible for the reason I stated. I can't believe I had to explain this to you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins