Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: BLACK HOLE

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Tate/">David Tate on January 12, 1998 13:58:01 UTC

: : Can someone tell me explain the following question for me ? : : If say a large spinning sun 50 million miles wide was to implode and thus : : form a black hole, one could assume that the rotational speed of the imploded sun would : : increase due to the decreased diameter of the now imploded sun and hence the inertial force acting : : on this object trying to throw it apart would be very much greater as a black hole now spinning at very high velocity : : however the gravitatonal force's would also be much ,much greater. One could expect these forces to operate in against each other : : and hence cancel out to some degree. How therefore does the black hole stay in a stable form.

: : Is this a fair and reasonable question and theory to put forward. I am not a scientist but understand the basic laws of matter and and : : physics.

: : If anyone can answer my question please e-mail me the answeron: : : jaspooner@mcmail.com

: : Thanks

: : Jon : : Jon

: :: A blac hole is literally a sun (star) that has imploded, and its whole initial mass is compressed into "zero-space." If an object is in zero space, how can it not be stable?

Well, if there is a such thing as "Hawkings radation" then a black hole with a mass "just" large enough to become a black hole could explode again, if the mass of the "star" were reduced enough by Hawkings radation.

: :: There is noway for it to become unstable, because there is nowhere else for it to go.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins