Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hawking Radiation May Decelerate

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Joe Antognini on January 13, 2002 17:44:55 UTC

The official title of this is: Hawking Radiation may Decelerate Through Time Dialation due to Proximity to an Event Horizon of a black hole. The title bas wouldn't fit it. Oh well. Anyway, I have been thinking about the effects of Hawking Radiation and time dialation. Logic tells me that it must decelerate as one gets closer to the event horizon. If 'x' amount of time passes for an observer who is far away from the event horizon, he sees a certain amount of Hawking Radiation. For an observer right by the event horizon, the same 'x' time is slower. In that same time, the observer by the event horizon sees a much smaller amount of Hawking Radiation because many seconds for the observer by the event horizon equal only one second for the observer far away. This is the way I have reasoned it. See if you can make any sense of it (I hardly can) and then please reply. I would like to see your response. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins