Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
All That And More

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 15, 2001 14:23:52 UTC

The more is that the distant observer, namely the rest of the universe, never sees the mass crossing the event horizon. To the distant observer it all piles up at the horizon.

Furthermore, even if the universe could detect gravity from within the event horizon, and even if all the mass got converted to energy, the gravity would be the same in accordance with General Relativity.

According to the standard model, particles get mass when the Higgs field symmetry is broken. If so, then compressing the mass, it must go through a brown dwarf stage, and then a neutron stage, would raise the energy of the local system above the energy of the Higgs particle- which was thought to be at 80GEV, but was not found up to 115GEV at CERN. Somebody on this forum claims it's 1TEV, but I doubt if his credentials match those of CERN.

BTW, the Higgs particle as far as I know is an assumption, or a hypothesis. I do not know of a Higgs theory to go with it. You would think that one could be derived from GUT theory, which goes to much higher temperature than 1TEV.

Is there a Higgs theory? Anybody?
If not, why do we expect a Higgs particle.
And why should it make other particles massive?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins