Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reading #2

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on November 28, 2001 03:24:12 UTC

I read through your post a second time, and thought of new things (haha My first day on the job and I am breaking the rules by using it for personal use).

Does a graviton have to be affected by gravity? According to you, it should. But if gravitons are affected by gravity, then how could they escape a black hole? Gravity is the only thing that stops escape, right? And if gravitons 'escape' i.e. radiate from the center of mass, then they can't be affected by gravity in the first place or they would never escape, and the black hole would not have a gravitational influence. Then gravitons could escape (and so could everything else) but if gravitons escape then it would have a gravitational influence.

A loop develops.

Is there a hole in that statement or am I wrong (most probably) or what?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins