Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Haven't The Faintest Clue...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on November 9, 2001 17:21:01 UTC

For that, I would be obliged to call upon Bruce for the answer.

Here's a question of mine however...

Quantum physics is notorious for its assertion that what were once classicly thought of as well defined boundaries and objects, are now seen as eerie wave-like "ghost particles" and "probability barriers". For example an Alpha particle suddenly finds itself "leaking" through nuclear force barrier, thereby quantum-tunneling its way to "freedom" as radioactive decay product.

I've heard that blackholes radiate all sorts of particles other than just photons (including electrons and protons), however such emissions are higher energy and hence rarer. I wonder if it would be possible to manipulate quantum barriers to allow for the immediate escape of of infalling astronaut if we catch him before crunch at singularity...(??) Can we technically tunnel our way out of a blackhole without breaking laws of physics?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins