Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Question For All You Guys'....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mark on October 17, 2001 16:26:51 UTC

I sometimes find myself wonderring what the afterlife could be like. What are your guys' personal oppinions?

What do you think hell really is... fire & brimstone and eternal torture, or a frightening nightmare you just can never seem to wake up from. Or perhaps hell is coming back to Earth as a psychotic mental case with little or no control over mind and body, and living your entire life stringed up to a bed post in a padded room. On the same token, you could be falsly convicted of murder and spend your life in a dirty cell with unpredictable blood thirsty and sex crazed rapists and muderers. Or could hell, in your oppinion, be something worse yet?

I myself believe hell to be a timeless nightmare. No fire, no red-skinned bad guy with horns... just hopelessness, intense fear, confusion, anarchy, emotional pain, guilt, visions of deformed figures and terrifying apparitions (remember the movie the excorsist)... that's how I've always viewed it.

Does anybody believe in redemption and second chance? or is it eternity -no questions asked-? Perhaps some don't even believe in hell at all.

Forgive me for focusing only on the negative aspect of the afterlife, but Heaven seems too easy to envision... there's only one choice, and that's eternal paradise and bliss. It's either that, or you don't believe in heaven at all.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins