Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Post Was Meant For Alex...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on October 3, 2001 19:50:31 UTC

first of all. And second of all, Bruce, your over arrogant attitude on the subject of GR is unjustafiable. Your postings in this forum consist either of derogatory remarks or displays of Schwarschild solutions. You show no deep passion for physics, and most deffinitely lack in the most important quality that makes a great thinker great....CURIOSITY. Do not mock my intelligence because I'm not afraid to ask questions that are unorthodox; a quality attributed to Einstein, Newton, and a collection of other great thinkers who changed physics forever. Your robotic ability to crunch numbers no more impresses me than my PC's ability to crunch 1's and 0's to open a web page, (which by the way can crunch numbers much faster than you).
I, on the other hand, have a quality my computer does not..... the ability to extend my thoughts into untrodden territory, and question the physical consequences as well as the philosophical ramifications; this is the quality that separates brain from calculator. You understand GR no deeper than a twelve year old who can add and multiply understands number theory. If you're such an expert in the field of relativity, I challenge you to come up with your own solution to GR as Schwarschild did, and get back at me. I'm not interested in your calculations, I'm interested in one's ability to understand physics on a deeper level than a calculator can.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins