Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Questions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on September 25, 2001 01:31:10 UTC

Mark,

I have tons of questions... please bear with me while I try to formulate a few.

>>>"(Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle) is an inherent property of particle interaction."h/4π," whatever it is) my understanding is that 'Δ' may not be zero. This, from what I can tell, is more than simply an indication that our measurements result in uncertainty -- it is in fact an indication that uncertainty is inherent to reality, regardless if its particles are measured or not!

With this in mind, if we could somehow isolate just the 'space' of spacetime, would the 'stuff' of reality exist as only particles of position? Likewise, if we might imaginarily isolate the 'time' of spacetime, would the 'stuff' of reality only exist as particles of momentum? In 'space' free of 'time,' wouldn't any particle of pure position just be a particle with a momentum identical to the 'space' we've isolated from 'time,' and therefore a particle of relatively 'pure' momentum as well? Would not the imaginary isolation of 'time' from 'space' result in particles with equally bizarre 'omni-position'?

This brings us to my third question:

3. The Uncertainty Principle seems to be a philosophical extension of Einstein's merging of space & time. Was philosophy the route Heisenberg took to arrive at his principle? If not, did someone else arrive at this 'paradox' via philosophy before Heisenberg did (I presume via scientific methodology)?

Thanks,

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins