Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Moments In Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Peter Sanderson on September 8, 2001 18:02:20 UTC

If I understand correctly,the second law of thermodynamics states that for all processes entrophy is constant or increases,this implies that it can be variable,and as time is 'the distance from one event and another',time is involved in the process.
I totally agree with you Mark on your ideas of concept and physicality,to that end have written a little poem,feel you will understand.
Past and future now are one,
The present with the now has gone.
But who am I ,or am I yet.
Part past yet in the future set.
Then out of time a souless sound,
Like some lost laugh it's mouth had found.
The point I am trying to make is that concepts can frequently see the truth,where equations only produce the proof of'understanding'.....
Not that I am knocking math,but am mindful of the saying,'there are more things my twixed heaven and earth my dear Horatio,than this world dreams of'
Peter

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins