Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Then What Does It Mean To Not Exist?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on August 31, 2001 02:47:57 UTC

As soon as I assume something exists, then POOF it's denoted a 1 = exists. But what if I assume something doesn't exist? Doesn't it now exist conceptualy? What value does it get? What if I assume god exists.....does he get a 1 for exists?

If I assume the universe exists then it must exist, in order for me to exist and be in the position to assume anything. ~~~Sorta has an anthropic ring to it~~~~~

But who assumed the universe existed in the first place......in order for me to get here and start assuming things?

In order for something to exist it surely must be possible, for if it were impossible it has no possibility of existing. Therefore the universe must be possible and yet it seems that nothingness would have been more feesible. So does it follow that anything that is possible must exist? If something is possible then does it stand that it can't "nonexist"? So our universe was destined to exist the instant it was deemed possible.......and if nothingness were possible then it would surely exist as does our universe, but the two cannot co-exist. Surely nothingness doesn't exist as it stands that I myself and the universe do exist. Nothingness is impossible; and it was impossible for our universe NOT to exist.

.......this stuff is too mind boggling.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins