Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Do I Exist/not Exist??

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on August 28, 2001 03:36:39 UTC

It was once said that "time is nature's way of preventing the universe from happening all at once."

And it was also said that the universe can be viewed as a succession of three dimensional slices......each slice a moment in the fourth dimension: time.

And lastly, it was said that the universe did happen all at once if viewed from a four dimensional vantage point. We simply live in one of a series of moments in three dimensions.

So before I was born I didnt exist. After i was born I did exist. Granted the material that makes me existed before my birth, my conscious mind did not.

So viewed from a four dimensional vantage point, I existed and didn't exist at the same time. That is, if you believe in this philosophical outlook.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins