Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Intellectual Oppression

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jim on August 9, 2001 20:21:15 UTC

Wow. It's been a while since I visited this site and this is the first message I read. I don't know what arguments have been going on here, but it seems your ire toward scientists is unwarranted (although I've been told in this forum that I put too much faith in the experts...oh well).

Cosmologists readily admit that they do not have all the answers. They are not force feeding thought. They are gathering, evaluating, and presenting the evidence. They admit where unknowns exist...such as what "caused" the Big Bang, what is causing the acceleration of the expansion of space, what dark matter is, etc.

Let me repeat that scientists do not know what/where the Big Bang came from. That info is inaccessible. Big Bang Theory (not Law) explains what happens since the Beginning, not before.

Superluminal inflation is not antithetical. The speed limit of light pertains to mass/energy moving through space, not the movement of space itself.

Experts loving the Inquisition? That is just ludicrous.

Science does not offer Truth. It offers explanations and descriptions. Science does not claim to know everything. The Unknown is what fuels research. Science has, however, accurately explained a lot about the world/universe. Much of this is hard to understand and requires years of study. The tidbits that reach the public media do not do the full topic justice.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins