Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Galactic Cores Origins In Big Bang

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ralph Pisani on August 4, 2001 23:27:45 UTC

For years since I've worked at Columbia University's particle physics department at Nevis Laboratories, and also FermiLab, I have been trying to convince scientists involved in Cosmology that galaxies and quasars were not formed by the accretion of stars. Rather their massive black hole nucleii preceded the formation of galaxies. These 'gravitational fragments' eminated from the Big Bang, in addition to its radiation output. I beleive that these massive black holes were instrumental in transforming the quantumn radiation flux that exists in empty space into matter (i.e. energy with mass) and the eventually the Standard Model. I've heard cosmologists state that pairs of elementary particles appear instantaneously in this fashion. That is impossible!! Only virtual quantumn pairs can come into existence this way. Perhaps this is where these primordial black holes play their role in converting quantumn energy into particles with mass-matter. I beleive that quasars are doing just that. Ralph Pisani, Wappingers Falls, NY

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins