Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: BLACK HOLE

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Menolly on September 27, 1997 13:25:21 UTC

: Can someone tell me explain the following question for me ? : If say a large spinning sun 50 million miles wide was to implode and thus : form a black hole, one could assume that the rotational speed of the imploded sun would : increase due to the decreased diameter of the now imploded sun and hence the inertial force acting : on this object trying to throw it apart would be very much greater as a black hole now spinning at very high velocity : however the gravitatonal force's would also be much ,much greater. One could expect these forces to operate in against each other : and hence cancel out to some degree. How therefore does the black hole stay in a stable form.

: Is this a fair and reasonable question and theory to put forward. I am not a scientist but understand the basic laws of matter and and : physics.

: If anyone can answer my question please e-mail me the answeron: : jaspooner@mcmail.com

: Thanks

: Jon : Jon

:: A black hole is literally a sun (star) that has imploded, and its whole initial mass is compressed into "zero-space." If an object is in zero space, how can it not be stable? There is noway for it to become unstable, because there is nowhere else for it to go. Also, just because the stars gravitational field increases dramatically, why would the forces act against one another? I would think that the gravitational fields would increase exponentially, and equally to each other, therefore, they would stay in the same proportion to each other as they were in the original life of the sun. If they stay in proportion, why would they act agains each other and cancel out? They didn't before the sun collapsed, so why should the forces exerted by the newly created black whole be any different? Wouldn't they just be greater?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins