Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Theory Inconsistent With Itself

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 5, 2001 12:46:40 UTC

It postulates one central galaxy and that all the galaxies we see are actually different images of the same galaxy. Fine so far. The universe would have to be quite small for light from one central galaxy, which is our Milky Way, to travel off in one direction and come back from the opposite direction in a finite spherical-like universe. (it does not have to be exactly asphere- that just helps the GR calculation). In fact, the large voids in our observations of galaxies indicates that the universe would have to be decidedly non-spherical for all those images to come from one galaxy, our own. And such things as black holes, is different images of our own black hole, and quasers are something that happened in our central galaxy a long time ago, and their has been revolving around the universe many times, making it seem to be quite large.

Somehow the quaser light loses energy with each revolution though, as the farther out we see the light the more red-shifted it is. So far the theory is self-consistent. But then the author or authors, no credit is given, go on to assume that the size of the universe at present is 15 billion light-years. Most inconsistent with the central galaxy postulate. So inconsistent that I will not bother to read on until I hear from you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins