Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Insufficient Data

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 22, 2001 17:43:47 UTC

Except for an obvious inconsistency. In the first exoeriment the claim is that the speed of light exceeds the default speed by a factor of 300.

But they go on to say that the main spike of the beam leaves the cesium chamber before it enters it. That of course is a logical impossibility proving that either science or nature is irrational. I happen to think that nature is irrational as I've stated many times in this forum.

But the data presented is insufficient for any evaluation of the validity of the experiments. We just have to wait until the magazine NATURE publishes the results.

In the second experiment, the light detector must be at the focus of the light rays. However, we are not told if the incident beam of light illuminates the entire mirror at once or is it a thin beam that scans the mirror. If full, the detector is in a diffractive region where phase information is lost. So I am not surprised to find 5% deviations from the norm. Nature is still rational in this experiment

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins