Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hm, Physics Withou Math?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on April 6, 2001 19:16:04 UTC

The "problem" with physics is that it is all math, only math and nothing but math. Our universe is strictly mathematical, and there is nothing more in it but mathematical rules and mathematical objects.

So, I do not know what besides various level textbooks (like P. Tipler "Physics", or Serway and Beinches "Physics for for scientists and engineers" or H.D. Young "University Physics" - good textbooks with plenty of pictures and explanations, but not completely withour math) can be used.

Those textbooks I mentioned reequire only medium-level algebraic background (which is basic minimum to start understanding physics), although in "modern physics" sections toward ends they use some simple calculus.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins