Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Gravity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gauldin , Edward on March 28, 2001 02:42:17 UTC

I did not know that gravitons traveled at the speed of light. As a matter of question have gravitons been proved to exsist? Also if you assume there is some limit to the effect of gravity such as the distance traveled by light
what sort of time frame are you talking about.
How old is the gravity that affects our "neighboorhood" . I do wonder however if gravity isn't a universal feild maybe gravity
(on a very simplistic level) is the ether so long ago talked about.
Also if gravity travels at the speed of light
how do blackholes seem to capture light, also this whole question of a center is simple,if you accept the universe to be infinite then there is no center, if it is finite it has to have a center. By the way I was in on the inception of this line of conversation, I asked Alexander(ps
it is very rude to shorten someones name if they
don't do the same in text)if he was traveling to the center of the universe since he was so sure
of the compostion. Were you trying to give me some kind of hint with your title, should I sign
off.

Peace out
Edward

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins