Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
But Perhaps That Is Mute.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on March 26, 2001 22:48:36 UTC

Time had an absolute beginning, however we believe something existed before time did. But according to time, nothing happened before time itself happened. This may not be a good way of saying how old something is. Time reversing is possibly irrelevant because we, or atleast I, don't know the connection of the flow of time with entropy.

What I'm saying is that entropy may be a better way to show how old something is or how long its been around than time because time is not absolute. Knowing that time isn't absolute and continuing to measure based on that is strange. That would be like basing time on the existance of the US. Before 1776, nothing ever existed in the universe. Perhaps entropy is absolute, ever present with the singularity or whatever existed before the big bang.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins