Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Is What I Try To Show - Absurdness Of Center Of Universe.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on March 23, 2001 00:49:30 UTC

Take a binocular, drive to plains and measure distance from you to the visible horizon. Draw the visible horizon circle (it will have radius about 4.4 km if your eyes are 5 feet from the ground) on a paper (relative to your location). Then find the center of mass of the visible Earth and mark this dot on the same map. I may bet 100:1 that the location of the center of mass of the visible Earth will be (do you think by some wery unknown reason?) very close to you, especially if plains are really plain.

Now, move to new plains, investigate the new horizon and map it, and again I bet you'll find yourself close to the center of visible Earth.

Can you explain, why this happens?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins