Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Answer To Your Question!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on March 14, 2001 15:24:49 UTC

Alex,

If you really want to understand the answer to your question, it is imbedded in the analysis presented on my website:

http://sites.netscape.net/doctordicks

From your comments, you should be able to follow the math; though I still worry about your ability to think with definitions askew of your expectations. Don't just scan it, take it line by line and think about each definition as it is presented.

The netscape web server is free and is worth about what you pay for it. I have found it to be poor service -- it often drops equations here and there. I think it depends on the traffic load. If you want, I have created a self extracting zip file of the whole document which I could send you so that you could have immediate local access to the presentation. If you want it, let me know at doctordick@iname.com

By the way, I don't mean to give you a hard time on this math issue, I just think you are missing an important point. I fundamentally agree with you; mathematics is the essence of any rational thought but accurate and clear definition is just as important. You really can not use math without it.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins