Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Is GREAT!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Al Gobeo on February 8, 2001 04:33:24 UTC

I enjoyed reading the opinions the following people:
Skintless, gwyni, Alexander, bruce, Yanniru and Edward.

Now for a weird idea of mine.

IS THE UNIVERSE ANALOG OR IS IT DIGITAL?

We talk about the frequency of light, and at the same time we say that light travels in “quanta”. Electrons and Photons behaving as waves and partials at the same time. There is a mystery here, has science solved it yet?

The qualities that we assign to god are omnipotent, omni-present. With those qualities anything can be done with God’s imagination. God imagines the Universe into existence, knowing all possibilities,
( quantum mechanics ). All possible Universes can exist or even co-exist. Some of these Universes would cancel each other out, that is extreme realities would likely exist for short periods but get cancelled out by its opposite.

This gives God the means to test his creation and all the possible variations that can be. God endows each Universe with a free will. If that Universe follows a middle path based on the laws of that Universe, it continues to exist. If that Universe follows an extreme path, then by its very nature, it would attract its opposite and get cancelled out.

It the same as the teaching of both Buddha and Christ and other prophets that one should follow the middle road.

As for mathematics, it is a valid measuring and numbering system. However numbers can be manipulated to fit observations or even invented to fit observations. Even Einstein did it when it came to the Universal Constant. He fudged his theory and then later regretted it. Don’t get me wrong, numbers do have a truth of their own. Engineering and Economics would be nothing with out numbers.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins