Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: BIG BANG THEROY

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Marlock/">Marlock on September 9, 1997 22:07:07 UTC

: I NEED INFO ON THE BIG BANG THEROY, I NEED TO NO WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!1

The short answer: Some time ago, scientists figured out that the stars, galaxies, and just about everything else was moving away from each other, because of the "red shift effect" (sort of like the way the sound of a train changes as it passes you, but with light instead of sound). Anyway, some scientists came to the conclusion that if everything is moving apart, then at some time in the past, everything was all bunched up in a very small (relatively speaking, we ARE talking about everything in the universe, here) space called the Cosmic Egg. It is further theorized that in order to escape the immense gravity generated by evrything in the universe in such close proximity, there was a tremendous explosion which propelled evrything outward. Some also believe that the force of this Big Bang will eventually dissipate enough for gravity to once again pull everything back into itself again. Some further believe that this cycle of Big Bang, Big Crunch has been going on for trillions of years, and will continue for trillions more. I think that's about it. I'm no scientist, just a science enthusiast, so anyone out there feel free to correct me. -Marlock

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins