Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Omega Problem

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bruce on February 7, 2001 09:12:33 UTC

Jeez Edward I didn't see this.
dr/dt is the change in r-coordinate with respect to time measured on the wristwatch of the far away observer (GR bookkeeper). The equation I posted was for the radial speed of light wrt to the far away observer. All local observers would measure the radial speed of light at c. Local observers do the physics with special relativity and the far away observer is the GR perspective. I always express these equations in geometric units. So M is in meters. It gets rid of the G and c^2 and makes v=(dr/dt) a fraction of the speed of light. The mass of the Sun in meters is 1477 meters so the Schwarzchild radius would be r=2M=(2)1477meters=2954meters.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins