Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
There Is No Contradiction In Collapse Of Wave Function.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on January 30, 2001 18:09:00 UTC

Well, when you have only waves then you by definition can not have position and momentum at the same time, because they are related by Fourie-transform. So for infinite wave bunch the momentum is well degfined, but what is the position of such bunch? For short wave bunch position is well defined, but the momentum blurr is inversly proportional to the bunch length and thus is very high. Same with energy/time as they are too Fourie-spectra of each other.

Thus, description of blurry waves is probabilistic (i.e., all you can say what are chances to find the bunch here or there.)

And when you found it somewhere, what does collapse? Only lack of our knowledge (we did not know where it was, and now we do).

But there is no physical law which would limit the speed of collapse of lack (or presence) of knowledge, so it does not have to be less than speed of light. I see no violation in istant collapse or birth of wavefunction.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins