Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Hey Rich

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on January 29, 2001 18:13:55 UTC

I previously declared that the universe couldn't slow down and reverse itself. Well, I'm flopping here, but not too poorly, I might add. Perhaps when the universe gets too expanded, the controlling forces of the universe bow out to another force which we deem weaker as of now or perhaps don't even know of.
What would happen if we went passed the speed of light? For one thing, we could reach the boundary of the universe. But something larger happens. We cease to exist in the universe or atleast according to the relativistic formula which pops up an infinity, but then again, perhaps not. In electronics, there can be a negative square root, so perhaps imaginary numbers become revisited at and above the speed of light. Then again, ou still have the 1/(c-c) problem that gives you infinity again, only at the speed of light. GEESH! Well, according to current science, time passes you by when you reach C.
As for electrons, they don't see to age at all, but compared to what? To us, stars, universes? I didn't think about the electrons. I don't have an idea for that. Do they age? Do they age slower because they move at the speed of light? Do they move at the speed of light?
As for the Great Hiccup, well it depends if the spacetime contiuum actually physically exists in a sense that there would be a wrinkling effect if there was a compression. I don't know if time would reverse itself if the universe began to shrink. But if the universe shrank, what rate would it shrink at and what would increase the rate?
Many many many questions. Whoops, blue screen of death in my mind.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins