Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: We Have Imperfect Knowledge Of The World

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on January 11, 2001 16:19:52 UTC

You have completely missed the point! You didn't even begin to follow what I was saying. "Your mental model of the universe is not well thought out!": i.e., you already had it before you even considered the issue of rational thought. I have solved the problem of "setting up a rational model of any possible set of data".

You either show me a finite set of data which cannot be analized via the model I have constructed or you show me an explicit error in my deductions! What I have presented is a "tautology" -- if you accept my definition of reality (reality is a set of numbers)then everything I present is a consequence of the definition of reality and has no bearing whatsoever on any real observations.

Another way that statement can be taken is that I am aware of no experiment ever made by anyone which tells us anything about the rules of the universe. Our mental image is no more than an convient method of organizing random information.
All these great discoveries of science are just consequences of their definitions the whole thing is circular reasoning!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins