Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
As A Person Moves Further From The...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rich on January 10, 2001 18:05:33 UTC

center of the earth, time speeds up, I think. Why does it do so? I'm not arguing that it doesn't, I'm wondering why the flow of time changes and is there an actual universal flow of time. Meaning that nature wants time to go at one and only one rate, but if there are circumstances, that rate can change. A parallel is a bathtub. The water stays at a certain level. The circumstance is if you put a hippo in the tub, the water level seems to increase, but only because there is a hippo in the tub. Once you take the hippo out, the water level returns to its original height.
Does such a thing occur in nature with time in the universe?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins