Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Post-Einsteinian

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jim Bergquist on January 3, 2001 05:05:43 UTC

Let me start out by saying that I am attempting to play the "Post-Einsteinian" in this forum. From the Post-Einsteinian perspective GR is dated. It has been "discovered" that perspective that GR gives is a little too restrictive for advancement. We live in a universe beyond GR's comprehension.

Is there a Post-Einsteinian universe? Maybe. GR does not rule this out. GR is not a global theory. It cannot predict the topology of the universe which is outside of GR. Einstein may have come to the conclusion that something was missing when he introduced the cosmological constant.

Am I actually a Post-Einsteinian? I don't think that I am there yet. Maybe I'm looking for a way out or a path to follow. Some of the things things that I have said seem like steps in the right direction. The speed of light being just a communication barrier for instance. These are just logical deductions. If someone wanted to get a message out of a black hole he would have to compensate for Doppler and gravitational redshift. The part about the affine connection comes from Hermann Weyl's Space-Time-Matter.

As far as the Schwarzschild metric is concerned, some people refer to it as being approximate in nature with ε = 2M/r assumed to be small. In the derivations a fit was made for large r so that the potential energy was correct there and so that the metric fits a general solution of Einstein's equation that Schwarzschild discovered in 1916. It can be seen why one might expect errors in the vicinity of the singularity.

My timing is made so as to coincide with the turn of the millenium. New Year's is a time for changes. Out with the old and in with the new. If I have stressed you out some, I apologize.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins