Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: One Aspect Of Einstein's Theory

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by MrOKL on November 21, 2000 18:44:53 UTC

ah i think i know about the lift thingy:

if a man was in a lift with 2 ropes, his is how i picture it anyway,

|---------------------------------------------|
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
|----------------------------------------------

if the engine is going at more than 10m/s i think the ropes would be parallel, or because as the lift goes up, it enters a weaker gravity zone(havent got a clue wats the proper term) and thus slowly gets "more parallel"?

if the lift was in the gravitational field of the earth, it would still go down, but the ropes'll be slightly "offline" as the earth is spinning somehow slanted (23 degrees i think), which means the gravitational field is somewhat jumbled, and it differs from different parts of the earth, well i think so anyway.

the ropes will be slightly "offline" but it is only measurable in very very very very (well u get the idea) small lengths/degrees.
--------------------------------------------
OK MAN thats wat i think anyway, tell me if im wrong!!

im feelin really messed up now!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins