Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought On Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Laura Gentile on November 7, 2000 20:30:07 UTC

Time is something we all (sometimes) don't seem to have enough of! The 3 dimensions of space couldn't exist without time. I think Einstein called it space/time. Time and space probably couldn't exist without eachother. We know there is time, at least linier time, because we 'see' that our bodies age with time. We go only one diretion in time and that is forward. There do seem to be 'times' from the past in our present taking us into the future. That is, the make up of our time has past, present and flows into the future. Are we traveling through time? Or are we in the ever-present now? Time is used in the theory of relativity, which I know very little about. I just know that time goes by. Are we ever in that 'plank lenght' milli second between past and future time? We use the past to get to the future but are we really anywhere in time? I don't think we made up time for we percieve it by the perpondrance of the evidence. (see above). Time is real within the universe. Time travel into the past and future is facinating. But we are always traveling 'through' time anyway. Is there something 'wrong' with time or do we have to 'have' it?
Wilderness Voice~&

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins