Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Hole Atomsq

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by silverana on November 4, 2000 12:53:02 UTC

i just read sth really fascinating ...
and i htought i should put it down for everyone in the forum to share

apparently some scientist captured sth that is a billion billion times heaviour than an ordinary atom, and it is assumed that this freaky captive is a black hole atom ... HOW INTERESTING IS THAT!

microscopic black holes are believed to be squeezed out of existence just a few secs after the big bang ...

i dont really remeber the details that were discussed ... or rather i was not competent enough to understand what was written ... but the basic idea is this:

- a priimordial bh would carry a +ive charge, similar to a nucleus,
sb famous showed that bhs radiate subatomic particles which cause them to 'evaporate' (maybe it was Stephen Hawking, it seems like all the pretty 'recent' proposals r from him) ... by the time its only left with a few quanta of event horizon area ... the mathematical calucations break down, it is widely assumed though that the residual bh would turn itself into a collection of particles ...

- if that is the case, then the universe should contain lots and lots and lots and lots (ok ok u get the pt) of primordial bhs of 0.00001g (i think) with tiny tiny radius (obviously i cant remeber the exact number ....)

- as they drift through space, they somehow form a cloud of electrons around themselves to neutralise their +ive charge ...

- this scientist said that these primordial bhs may commonly exist on earth, even inside U. what a daring proposal!!!

anyways, i was just wondering if anyones heard more bout those interesting microscopic bhs, and understand the physics behind em better than i do ... :o)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins