Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Parallel To Gravitation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rich on November 1, 2000 15:12:12 UTC

I just hopped on to here and look forward to discussing issues here. The intelligence seems to be formidable, so I will try to do my best to keep up with you folks.

I had a parallel I wanted to work on you people about the gravitons escaping the black hole to attract matter to itself. My parallel is simple and completely unfounded, but here it goes anyways. Lets get terrestrial with the hydrostatic force. When you put an object inside a medium, be it a gas or liquid, a hydrostatic force is applied on the submerged. In other words, the displaced medium, which we will say in this case is water, wants to fill up the area that the object, a hippo, is displacing. Every part of the hippo has a resulting hydrostatic force trying to put water back where the hippo is.
A blackhole is a very dense object that may be displacing something that would cause matter to be thrusted to it, just as all other heavenly objects such as stars, planets, and Rush Limbaugh.
So the only catch is that the hydrostatic force isn't quite as large for a dense small object in water while the singularity which is tiny but possesses much mass, has a great amount of pull to it.
So in actuality, the blackhole isn't attracting matter to it, but rather objects are forced upon it in a sense of hydrostatics. A stretch to say the least, but I'm willing to guess for a while.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins