Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
White Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jon on October 29, 2000 23:33:12 UTC

Ok out of the info that i've read a white hole is most simply defined as the time reverse opposite of a black hole. If that's true then wouldn't it stand to reason that the reason we have found no hard proof of a white hole is because they work backward in the time flow. What i mean is that since a black hole "eats" energy then that energy must go somewhere and my best guess would be that it would be "spit out" by a white hole that is linked to it. This would cause the energy to then be placed back into the timeline as we know it. How far back in time the energy would go is anybodies guess, maybe all the way back to the big bang or perhaps just moments before it was devoured by the black hole.
If this is true then it would give a reasonable account as to why we can't find white holes, its because they work backward in the time flow. And since we don't see or are able to register reverse time phenomenom this my be the way a white hole works.
The biggest question may be concerning the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, which states that all processes lose energy. Well this law may not hold in this case due to the fact that things lose energy over a course of time, but what i'm saying means that the coures of time is reversed and perhaps causing the 2nd law to be nullified or even reversed.
Ok now that i'm done with my little soap box moment i would like to know how my arguement holds or dosen't hold up and reason why.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins