Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Opinions Of Time Travel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Time Travler/">Time Travler on July 31, 1997 20:40:08 UTC

Hello Sir...

A Question. If you were able to errrr Teleport (For lack of a better term, if I used Beamed, Paramount might sue me LOL) 60 Million Light Years from Earth, you in theory would see what would happened 60 million years ago. What if you got to a point 60 million light years from earth, then teleported back to earth. You would not cross any time lines, and in errrrrr Hypothesis(SP I have used this word quite often in this forum it may be mis-spelled) You would arrive 60 million years ago. or better still, if you er got to a point where you could see the so called dinosaur age, then Folded space, you would arrive back on Earth 60 million years ago because er folding is suppose to be instant... Never mind how it is done, or the terms, In er Hypothesis, that is time travleing, primitive, but Time Travleing...

The Time Travler

And I do not believe in New Age mystics who say they can time travle by using their minds... Sorry, just how I feel. TT

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins