Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Question "renovated"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by okl on October 27, 2000 16:20:46 UTC

answer if u can...this post is really long...BUT I NEED HELP!!!!!

ok.........its just like what CL said....if everythin goes into the black hole...then how does the gravitons escape and suck things in??

ya know...bladesinger said...if a black hole was sucking things downwards...no work is done due to the invariancy of the y-value...what if the blackhole was sucking things sideways in?

talking about einstein's spacetime...the whole universe is like a rubber sheet...with heavier matter bending the spacetime around it...so if this is what spacetime is...then does a blackhole look like this:

||
(PIPE)
or like this:

\/
(FUNNEL)

the lines represent spacetime....which is the way that blackholes bend spacetime? the funnel way(large on top, gradually narrowing down) or the pipe way(straight down all the way)?

if blackholes bend spacetime in the first way(pipe), then things are being sucked in...if its the second way(funnel)...then are things falling in or are things being sucked in?

what i think is that its falling in...since nothin can escape the gravity pull...when things fall in...they create somewhat a thrust behind them to pull following objects downwards...but yet when they go down...they also produce a force which goes the other way(like when a car is going at high speed to the right...the air is pushed to the left)...

SO HOW THE HELL DOES THINGS GET SUCKED INTO A BLACK HOLE??

if the gravity really destroyed the star itself...it should be working like...clunching a small metal ball in ur palm...isnt it?

SO SOMEONE HELP!!!!!
I CANT BREATH!!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins