Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Can We Consider A Blackhole A Vacuum Cleaner?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by okl on October 24, 2000 22:57:15 UTC

...such that...if u fly fast enough to escape its gravitational pull u could escape it?

like blade said no work is done when u are moving ur hand over a mug...what if u tilt the blackhole to the side...such that the blackhole is sucking the "thing" sideways? would that be considered doing work?

now if the gravity is so gr8...how do the gravitons escape from its pull?
if they do escape...do they actually transfer energy to the particles that get sucked in and IN TURN the particles do the same thing to the other particles going down?

ok...maybe its kinda misty there...imagine a string going down a hole...but the string is made up of many many small particles which are separated...if it is going down...how does it actually transfer energy to the particles that are NOT in the gravitational field?

AH SCREW IT!
I CAN't make it CLEAR enough!!
CANT GET IT DOWN TO WORDS!!!
JUST REPLY IF U CAN!!!

oh yea blade...thanks for answerin my previous post...really got my Language Removed on the problem...and to the other ppl too!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins