Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Proof

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by CR on July 24, 1997 15:20:34 UTC

: : : : I have heard that we could possibly travel to Sirus in 15 minutes even though it is 8LY away. Would this happen through the process of a wormhole, and if so, why wouldn't it be instantaneous? : : : ::Do you think that thatt stuff is real? If it is then where is the proof?

: : You apparently didn't read any of the foregoing. Travel through a wormhole would quite possibly instantaneous. However, it doesn't happen; therefore, no proof exists. There are no known wormholes, and there are unlikely to be any for the reasons cited above. It is fun to speculate, but it is foolish to believe things that are yet to be proven. Be smart; demand much proof. Ask the basic questions first; if they cannot be answered in the positive, and unless you are up to inventing the measn by which to answer in the affirmative, don't waste your time going much farther, for there are a hundred questions to which we may find answers, which will use out time better.

: Don't ever say show me proof; just because you don't see it or haven't found it doesn't meen it's not there. How many people base their lives around god???Show me proof.....

What are you talking about? Why would you say something like "Don't ever say show me proof". I agree that not having evidence for something does not alter whether it exists or not, but why would anyone go around believing in things for which there is no proof. That would be horribly irrational.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins