Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Gravitons

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gerald Dondanville on September 9, 2000 07:30:37 UTC

chsham asks;I hope someone who is a expert in this topic can answer me ? If yes,I`ll feel happy.

Of course I am no expert, but you seem to insist that the graviton be recognized; which got me searching for more.
The best I could find on the web came from fermilab`s public affairs office. Here is The complete text on gravitons by Glenn Blanford (blanford@fnal.gov) I found at that site.
Here also are a few lines from that same text.

So far only limits have been placed on the existence of the graviton. It is conjectured to be a particle with spin = 2, a so-called tensor particle. You probably have seen particles are arranged primarily by their flavor, mass, and spin...There is some information on the web but like everything else it is scattered around. Although Fermilab is not a central repository for this information, you can try our astrophysics web page...

I believe that Mr. Blanford even answered your basic question when he said...Large mass objects such as black holes may emit waves. These are not neccessarily gravitons just as light was not neccessarily seen as photons until high energy light such as X-rays were seen. (ie The X-rays act like small size particles sometimes more than they do as waves).And of course here are some other links that I hope will work for you.

Online PrePrints Database

bye.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins