Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: I Fell I Have Figured Out Black Holes To Some Degree

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Vik on August 22, 2000 23:14:37 UTC

Erlog, I think you are also mixing up some facts.
Its true that you will be torn apart. The way in which the previous person has described it, is not correct. If you were to fall into a black hole, your feet will be closer to the singularity point then your head. This is what we call major tidal gravity. Not just simple residual effects we may feel falling towards earth. Now since the gravity is stronger towards the center of the black hole, then this would cause to force to pull much stronger on your feet then your head. So evidently, you would be streched to infinity, and squashed enourmously at your sides. Essentially you will be torn to shreads!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins