Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Whats The Anti-matter?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by FreddieD on July 14, 2000 07:17:40 UTC

I`m wondering how this works... or if anyone has figured it out yet.

I`ve read about the odd interaction between the event horizon, and spontaneous creation of matter. The way I understand it is (correct me if I`m wrong) if matter and its anti-matter get created on opposite sides of the event horizon, rather than colliding and annihilating each other, one will escape while the other is pulled into the singularity. What I`m wondering is... exaclty what particles are getting spontaneously created? (protons? electrons? or what?) AND, what process (if one is needed) allows this particle to become stable. Also, I assume that this violates the conservation of energy law, right? What happens to the other anti version of the matter that didn`t escape? Can it undergo some reaction in the black hole (huge temp and pressure) to somehow rearrange its quarks and become stable matter as well?

Next, wouldn`t this mean that black holes are creating matter? Is this related to the gamma and x-ray bursts?

Also, if you think along those lines and try to figure out how the conservation of energy law still applies... can energy have a real and an imaginary component? If it does, then is this law looking at the magnitude of the energy? If thats the case, then maybe the matter/energy isn`t being spontaneously created... maybe its just shifting from a purely imaginary value to a purely real value.

Finally, am I just spewing nonsense? Need more input!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins