Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Erlog

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Question about Big Bang on June 8, 2000 02:56:27 UTC

I am new here. Only 13. I`m in an 8th grade science class and astronomy excite me. Especially the work of Carl Sagan who has long been mocked in the classroom i am in.

We were watching a video about astronomy. It included a few minutes about the Big Bang. It said that all the matter in the universe today was contained into something smaller than an atom. now here are my questions

1)I forget what law states this. but there is a law that says that matter cannot be created nor distroyed, only altered. How can all this matter be enclosed in something smaller than an atom.

2)I have long disputed the fact of an ever expanding universe with friends. There would have to be some gravitational force to hold that all that matter together in the universe pre-big bang. So when the "explosion" occured, it must have been large enough to push everything away. What i am basically saying is that the universe will at one point come together again sometime in the distant future. My friends think i am wrong. My theory fully destroys the Ever-Expanding Universe theory.

Thoughts?

|_-_Erlog_-_|

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins