Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Why Do Particles Spin?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on April 7, 2000 03:07:42 UTC

Thanx a lot for the encouraging compliment.....I can`t wait to take those classes! I`m 16 so I guess I have a long way to go. A couple more questions though.... I read in a book that a blackhole, in many respects, can be treated as a collosal elementary particle since it can be identified by its three intrinsic qualities: mass, charge, and spin. Does this magnetic dipole moment have anything to do with blackholes, and do quantum theories even apply here? Since a blackhole is nothing more than an intense gravitational field, does it make sence to say that it is even spinning (what is there to spin?), and is there a frame dragging effect taking place within the horizon (considerring that frames are infinitely tipped away from ours how would they drag) or is this impossible to know? Internal frame dragging could have no physical effects in our outisde universe could it? I know I ask millions of questions, but this has got to be the most intersting subject that I could ever even conceive of. Thank you for your time and reply.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins