Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: The End Of The Universe?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on April 4, 2000 16:58:54 UTC

I`d have to counter argue that.....acceleration of a charge releases electromagnetic waves, and by that reasoning Einstein (I believe it was him) reasoned that acceleration of a mass will release gravitational waves. I once heard that, due to the orbital decay of such releases of energy in the form of space-time waves (gravity), all objects eventualy spiral into the object they orbit if left undisturbed by outside forces. In fact, our own earth will one day spiral into the sun because every century we move an average of a trillionth of one centimeter closer as a result of this effect; (it may take a zillion years and the sun will have long since burnt out). But the point here is this: anything orbiting a black hole will eventualy fall into it even if the orbit arpears to be stable. Unless of course the spiraling object is so far away that the black hole evaporates first, but given a big enough black hole, the evaporation effect is negligable. The only way to escape the black hole would be to fly directly away from, or orbit at a speed greater than the required orbital velocity, so in effect you`d fly away. Either way, if the universe comes out to be finite, and given the laws of chance, you`d eventualy contact the hole sooner or later in a seeming eternity; but none-the-less get gobbled up inevitably.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins