Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Wormholes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith S. Maynard/">Keith S. Maynard on June 17, 1997 19:08:58 UTC

Someone correct me if what follows is incorrect.

This is what I call the Book theory: the universe, all of the other universes, and all of the different times and dimensions are like the pages of a book. Now, let's say that our particular universe is page 84 in this book. Someone wants to get to page 85, but it's impossible, right? (This is one book whose pages you can't turn.) Well, maybe not. If you were to punch a hole in page 84, you could travel through it to page 85. In other words, the way to get from dimension to dimension, universe to universe, time to time, is to travel through a black hole. Or, more specifically, a wormhole (that is, a combination of a black and white hole). However, none of the existing black holes would be safe to go through, because all they are is black holes. The white holes have probably collapsed a very long time ago, so none of the existing black holes are parts of wormholes (unless one has existed in the depths of space undisturbed for eons, which is unlikely). So, how do you create your own wormhole? Well, you could make a really big explosion, one that equaled a supernova. Then, you would have to go through the wormhole before anything else could, or else the white hole will collapse and you will be ripped into alien food in the black hole. There is another interesting theory on how to make black holes: telepathically. A friend of mine believes that if one could get enough telepathic energy, that they could punch a hole through page 84. Interesting, isn't it?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins