Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Just Wonderring

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark Parsons on March 21, 2000 21:53:01 UTC

OK I think I know where you went wrong... You think that because some mass has GP then it must has more mass and in turn more GP. Well a masses GP is measured by the amount of Mass an object has.. Mass is not dependant on GP at all.. GP is dependant on the mass at hand. To answer you question yes I have taken calculus. And if your refering to limits and suggesting that mass cannot be equated and it is simply assumed to be something because we figure it is approching a number that is not true. We have one mass.. though that could be argued on the sub-atomic level we simply do. Remember that energy cannot be created or distroyed. That is a law of our known universe. So even I haven`t cleared up your answer yet be content to know that what you are suggesting can`t happen.

I`m not going to erase what I have writen above but I now realize also what else you have gone wrong with. See the thing is Energy has no mass at all... That`s the thing energy equals mass but it isn`t mass or has mass for that reason. If you study Physics further or have. I don`t know if you have sorry. But you find that everythng has a pull towards everything else. Because our world is so massive that is why we are so attacked to it. If two people floating in space with on other things acting on it then they will be attracted to each other. There is a thing called the Universal Gravitational Constant (6.0 x 10^-11) as upi cam see this is very small so thus you will need alot of mass to have an effect on something. I see what you are saying though but we only have GP because of how massive we are. The energy of GP has no mass because it is in energy form. But you bring up something I`ve been thinking about and I`d like you to think about it.

Energy is mass I`m sure we both know. And in turn light is an energy. What if we were to push light faster then the speed of light... just do a thought experiment. If you push light faster then it can travel then it would gather on the object pushing it. Maybe to the point where it would condence into mass. Well it`s just a thought I`ve been having. Hope you enjoy it. :) I also hope I answered you question. Remember GP energy is simply dependant on mass.. it itself has no mass... well it does but it`s sooooooooooooooooo small it`s just can`t be counted for or have any effect. Consider that 7 lbs of light hits the earth every year. The sun is just an amazing source of energy accounting for 99% of all the earths power and energy.

Sorry this one was sooo long...
Mark

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins