Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Einstien !!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on March 20, 2000 17:29:42 UTC

I just have one correction to add to your reasoning Mark.....you see, you wouldn`t actualy see the light that reflected from you catch up. This light would actualy imediately incinerate you because it will have been drasticaly blue shifted (infinitely in fact). So when it catches back up, (that is if you slow down for it) it will burn you up. That isn`t actualy what I believe, but I just thought I`d give you an argumentative scenario to take into account. What I actualy believe is what Einstein said, "The laws of physics remain the same for all frames of reference." In ohter words, even if you did surpass the speed of light, the laws of physics say that light must always localy travel at c relative to the observer. No matter what. But then again, if you`ve already broken one law of physics, why can`t you break another, right? This whole argument doesn`t even matter though; it makes absolutely no sence to even reach the speed of light, let alone surpass it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins